Here's to my favorite time of year.... Happy Summer 2011! Here are six foods to help you keep that flat belly and enjoy a summer of beaches, bbq's and boardwalks.
Summer essentials that should make it into your shopping cart each week:
1. Quinoa: an easy to cook whole grain, double the protein of brown rice. A wonderful base to any summer salad.
2. Green Tea: super antioxidant, speeds up metabolism to help you burn fat, a clean way to start your morning.
3. Avocado: a heart healthy fruit, full of fiber, potassium, vitamin B & E, and folic acid, try it on your next salad, it's creamy and delicious.
4. Eggs: scrambled, hard-boiled, or sunny side up, eggs pack a powerful protein punch. Try them for any meal, they are an 'eggcellent' way to slim down for summer.
5. Grapefruit: full of vitamin C and fiber this fruit helps to reduce cholesterol & insulin levels, which lead to faster weight loss.
6. Kefir: a probiotic bacteria, with B vitamins & amino acids, promotes healthy digestion, packed with calcium & magnesium, important minerals for a healthy nervous system, to calm your nerves. Try it in your next smoothie.
Hope you try a few of these healthy foods over the next few months.
health & happiness,